Places to Visit in Bantry, County Cork, Republic of Ireland
HISTORIC COUNTY CORK
Bantry House, overlooking Bantry Bay in Co. Cork, has one of the most beautiful settings anywhere in the British isles. Owned by the White family since 1739, it was the seat of the 4 Earls of Bantry (1816-1891) and in 1945 was the first house in Ireland to be opened to the public on a full-time basis.
Bantry House contains furniture, paintings and other objets d’art collected mainly by Richard White, 2nd Earl of Bantry, on his extensive travels in Europe in the 19th century. He was also
responsible for laying out formal gardens. Now being restored, these were once rightly described as ‘the Second Earl’s first love’. Bantry House is open March to October.
Admission to house and grounds is free to residents.
Permanent 1796 Exhibition in courtyard included in garden admission. Chamber Music Festival end of June – House closed (10 days).
• Historic House
• Tea Room, Picnic Area
• Car Park
• Private Group Tours
• School Tours Available.
Weddings and Conferences
WEDDINGS IN BANTRY, COUNTY CORK
Wedding blessings and champagne receptions are organised on an individual basis in the Summer and Winter excluding the weeks of Christmas and New Year.
We can cater for a maximum of 80 guests in the Library/ Dining Room in the House in the Winter months.
We provide a marquee in the Courtyard in the Summer months, catering for 100 guests.
The wings of Bantry House can accommodate the bridal party.
In case of alteration, please check prices, opening times and any specific important information before booking or visiting