Places to Visit in Emo, County Laois, Republic of Ireland
Tel: +353(0)502 26573
Fax: +353(0)56 21450
Website: click here
HISTORIC HOUSES, CASTLES, GARDENS AND MUSEUMS IN COUNTY LAOIS
Emo Court was designed by the architect James Gandon in 1790 for the Earls of Portarlington and is a magnificent example of this neo-classical style. During the middle of this century it was owned by the Jesuits, it was then acquired and extensively restored by Mr. Cholmeley-Harrison in the 1960s.
The house is surrounded by beautiful gardens and parkland which were first laid out in the 18th century and contain formal lawns, a lake and woodland walks with many very fine trees and shrubs. The house and gardens were taken into State ownership in 1994.
2.5km from Emo. (Accessed from Kildare-Portlaoise Road - N7). 7km from the Portarlington train station.
In case of alteration, please check prices, opening times and any specific important information before booking or visiting