Abbeys and Priories in New Ross, County Wexford, Republic of Ireland
Tel: +353(0)51 562 650
Website: click here
HISTORIC HOUSES, CASTLES, GARDENS AND MUSEUMS IN COUNTY WEXFORD
A Cistercian abbey, founded c. 1200 by William, the Earl Marshall, and named after Tintern in Wales. The remains consist of nave, chancel, tower, chapel and cloister. It was partly converted into living quarters after 1541, and further adapted over the centuries. The Abbey was occupied by the Colclough family from the 16th century until 1960s.
In case of alteration, please check prices, opening times and any specific important information before booking or visiting