Places to Visit in Killarney, County Kerry, Republic of Ireland
Muckross House & Gardens
Discover for your self the magic of Muckross, with something to appeal to every one of all ages.
• The world renowned Muckross House is situated amidst the spectacular scenery of Killarney National Park – Ireland’s premier National Park. Visit the elegantly furnished rooms, which portray the lifestyles of the Gentry and downstairs experience the working conditions of the servants employed in the house.
• Relive the past at Muckross Traditional Farms complete with three working farms from Kerry of the 1930’s. Meet the bean a tÍ’s and watch the farmers as the work in the fields. Children will just love the various farm animals, and don’t forget to take a free trip on the Muckross Vintage Coach!
• At our magnificent newly opened Garden Restaurant you can enjoy a main course or just a light snack from our self-service counter. All our home cooked food is reasonably priced and we offer children’s meals also.
• Visit our Craft Centre and see the Potters, Weavers and Bookbinders at work, free of charge. In our Craft Shop we have a huge selection of reasonably priced gifts for all ages.
• While you are here, don’t forget to have a ramble in Muckross gardens and enjoy the freedom of the many Nature Trails in Killarney National Park.
Muckross House, Gardens and Mucros Craft Centre are open everyday all year round. Muckross Traditional Farms are open from March to October.
Historic House, Gardens, Restaurant, Car Park, Private Group Tours, School Tours Available, Gift Shop.
Torc and Mangerton mountains form a spectacular backdrop for The Garden Restaurant. Situated to take full advantage of this unique setting, the Restaurant is an ideal location for those who wish to enjoy a relaxing meal in scenic surroundings. The beautiful conservatory area was designed to complement the recently restored original glasshouses that overlook the Victorian Walled Garden.
This 170-seat, state-of-the-art, Restaurant offers an excellent range of menu choices and value for money, seven days a week. Visitors have a choice of up to eight main courses each day.
Muckross House is only 3.6miles/6km from Killarney town centre, along the main Kenmare road (N71).
In case of alteration, please check prices, opening times and any specific important information before booking or visiting